10 December, 2008

"Start spreading the news,....."

Thanks to our extensive network of friends, family, and co-workers and all their friends, family, and co-workers for voting for my daughter in Avon's "Next Year's Model" contest.



She was selected by Carol Alt and the editors as one of 4 finalists. And after 17 days of online voting I am happy to announce that she won!

She will fly to NYC and stay at a 4-Star hotel, receive a shopping certificate at Lord & Taylor, have a 'meet and greet' with a New York modeling agency, and have a professional photo shoot. Her photo will be considered for the cover of Carol Alt's new novel "Models, Inc!".


Here's the winning photo:




A HUGE thank-you goes out to RJ's uncle. He took the picture we submitted.


Until next time....


Left-hand Louie

11 comments:

Jenny said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

When does she go?

Osh said...

YES!!!!!!!! we are so proud and happy! And I will be more than happy to chaperone the trip!

Movie Star Wife said...

This is so exciting!!!
Send my congratulations to her.
Congratulations to you, too for creating a beautiful young lady.

Left Hand Louie said...

My involvement with creating her is questionable at best.

dj said...

I'm so happy for her and you and Kris must be so proud! She really is a beautiful young woman (inside and out) and I had no doubt she would win!!

What a wonderfully awesome experience she will have.

The question now is..which one of you gets to go with her?? ;)

Michelle said...

HOORAY! I am so glad all the votes paid off!

Robbi said...

YYYYAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

So happy to have been a part of the voting!!!!

I hope she gets it all!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Again!! Rianna!!

Left Hand Louie said...

DJ-
That was a rhetorical question, right?

(was that a rhetorical question also?)

Rod said...

Congrats!!! I think I'll pop a brewski!!

OH - and no no - I can't go! sorry but I feel one of her parents should go, it's the fair thing to do!

But thanks!

rjaye said...

Oh dear.

I'm a little worried about this meeting the agency thing... I've seen enough ANTM to be scared.

Working Slob said...

Congrats to Rianna and the family! How very exciting!!!